Thursday, May 1, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

So far, we're making some good headway on this crazy scheme. There have been promising contacts on the costume front, although no mention of cost has been made. Vendors want to know what my budget is, and I don't know what my budget will be until I know approximate costs from vendors. Oh, how Joseph Heller was right. Still, I'm happy with our discoveries so far. We have selected vendors for photography, videography, invitations, cake, and a travel agent for the honeymoon. Still to come- caterer, DJ, sound and light rental, and special effects consulting.

The biggest hole right now lies in the venue. I am looking for a highly industrial interior space with a lot of height, so that characters can enter via zipline, bungee cord, invisible jet, etc. There are a lot of waterfront properties here in Portland that might work, but I don't know how to contact the owners or even if they would rent their spaces. I may need to work with an event planner on that detail alone. And I'd better lock that in soon. All other decisions regarding budget and dates will cascade from that one.

No comments: