Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Great Weight has Lifted

I am going to try to convince Sarah to post later, because I really feel like you should hear about this from her, but we have good news resulting from our grueling trip to NJ.

The Wonder Woman costume is finished.

The decision to drive the 6 hours to exit 16W turned out to be a good one. The costumer met us at the house of one of his seamstresses and brought along all that he had finished. Even the pattern girl showed up to help. The three of them pulled and torqued and twisted the costume, discussing what changes needed to be made. They ended up ripping the costume apart and rebuilding it. The removed four inches from the torso and replaced the elastic in the legs so that the costume no longer cuts into her. It only took them 3 hours, so we didn't even have to spend the night.

The seamstress's house was 12 minutes away from my grandmother, so we were able to visit with her. It was good to see her, even thought I will see her again in less than two weeks. We went to Applebee's and had a bite to eat and Sarah got a chance to see pictures of me as a wee lad. I hope I am as sharp and spry as my grandmother when I am 91 years old.

Anyway, there are still a few things left to be done with the costumes, but they are minor and I have been assured that they will be overnighted by Wednesday. At the very least, Sarah and I have our completed costumes, and if you'll forgive the narcissism, we look pretty bad ass.

No comments: